HTML Map

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The State of Kentucky is in Mourning....

because we lost last night to West Virginia!! It was absolutely horrible and even worse to watch. I was in Kentucky this past weekend for my best friend, Kali's wedding shower and my grandmother and I were watching the game and we just could not believe our eyes. I kept calling Jeff to see if he thought that UK would pull it out, but unfortunately they didn't. The dream team fell and it was just so heart breaking. I called my Mom this morning on my way home to Atlanta and she said that everyone in Lexington was calling in to say that even the skies of Kentucky were "gray and teary" on Cat Calls. Being from Kentucky and having graduated from the University of Kentucky, basketball is something that is in our blood and we LOVE it. So we were so sad they lost. They were supposed to win the entire championship!


On the bright side, I had a great time in Kentucky and on Friday afternoon on my way in I was able to stop in Nashville to meet one of my best girlfriends for lunch in Brentwood. I miss Amber dearly and we had a yummy lunch. This was the only picture I took the entire trip, which was not my original plan, but then being busy just gets in the way...


Amber & Foxy before we headed out to lunch. Foxy is too cute!

I also was able to stop in to my dad's office and see one of my dear friends, Kim, who I miss so much. It was so good to see you Kim!!!

Kali's shower on Saturday afternoon was fantastic and she received a ton of cute clothes. She won't have to buy for Brooklyn at all her first year! I didn't take any pictures because I was so busy, but I had a great time catching up with my grandmother, and old friends from high school. I miss all those girls dearly and so wish I lived closer sometimes. There is nothing like old friendships!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so muc for the safe travels wishes! I'm so behind b/c I don't have a computer right now, but I also wanted to thank you for becoming a follower! Have a blessed day :)

Kim said...

You are too sweet, Sarah!! I miss you so much when you leave! It doesn't feel like you are here any time before you have to leave! It was great seeing you again!! Love you and miss you bunches!

Kim