Lady Bug after I finished cleaning up dinner tonight. She is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet.
Jeff and I had a great Easter yesterday and it was so nice to be able to stay home and not have to travel since I've traveled the past two weekends. We woke up early and went to the 9am service at Buckhead (our church) and it was packed. We went upstairs to find a seat and people were literally standing against the walls. Buckhead is a HUGE church and it probably seats at least 2,000. Well I was determined we were going to find a seat and thankfully a host found us one! After church, we headed up to the lake to meet Jeff's best friends, Todd and Jenny, along with their parents for a fabulous lunch on the lake. It was SO yummy and they are such a great couple! I really enjoy their company. They have a ton of furry kids, so they are my cup of tea. :)
Lacy is really settling into her new home and doing quite well but she is still very dog aggressive unfortunately and it's proven to be difficult since we have to keep her segregated from the other animals besides my golden, Dixie and even then we still supervise her completely. It just breaks my heart because bless her heart, she just can't help it. She was tied to a chain for most of her life and used Lord knows how many times for breeding and the only memory she most likely has of other animals is one of fear and pain. So we are still working with her and I've been trying to find a trainer to come and assist us, but that effort has proved futile. No trainer in the Atlanta area seems to want to help a pit bull, which makes me furious to say the least but I won't expand my thoughts on that. Her rehabilitation process is unknown but I'm so happy she's with us and in safe arms. You can't put a price tag on peace of mind. There's nothing like it.
This is the bed in her room where her crate is. She loves it and I used to try to sleep in the bed with her but she wants to literally lay as close to you as possible and it's a pretty restless sleep. She is a little snuggle bunny!!
Dixie, my precious golden, is not so happy about the new intruder which is Lacy. She loved Lacy at first but after some dog aggression was shown towards her, she steers clear of Lacy. Now I would never let anything happen to her EVER, but we still like to call her the "warrior" now. It gives her some edge and makes us laugh because Dixie is the laziest golden you'll ever meet and constantly looks like she'd like to roll her eyes at someone.
We have also been watching the rest of the NCAA Tournament even though Kentucky is out of it. I still can't believe it! It just doesn't seem right but that's okay. Jeff grew up going to soccer camp at Duke throughout his entire life and of course he is pulling for Duke. Native Kentuckians HATE Duke with a passion, but at this point I really have to say that I don't really care who wins. I was hoping that WVU would win the whole thing after they beat us, but they got demolished by Duke.
We were watching the West VA and Duke game on Saturday night and I reminded him of the cup he was drinking out of- UK baby!! My Mom got Jeff tons of UK gear last year for his birthday. I think he really enjoys the beer mugs though...
Dryfus enjoying his Monday night. He is really the alpha dog and loves to boss on me. He is in such great health though for being 14. Doesn't he look great?!
No comments:
Post a Comment