Whew! I am so busy at work this week & I really should not be posting but I thought I'd take a short break & here I am as you can see. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed the Salvation Army Tree in our lobby of the building I work in. There were several names of children on this who may only receive these Christmas presents from Santa Clause or without the aid of the Salvation Army might not have any presents underneath the tree. This is one tradition my Mom started with me when I was a very small child & she has continued on with Maggie & Jack.
The Angel Tree was always present at our church beginning around Thanksgiving & we would always take a couple names off to buy Christmas presents for each child. As a child, I even remember the thought that these little ones would not receive many gifts absolutely heartbreaking. I always wanted to buy tons of Barbies (because I love love loved Barbies when I was little) & stuffed animals. This tradition has stuck with me throughout college & now as a young adult. So anyway, I immediately grabbed a little girl's name & I can't wait to go buy tons of gifts for her. Barbies included- don't worry!
Christmas is a time where so many can get greedy but not only should we remember the true meaning of Christmas, we should also help those less fortunate. How often do you stop to think about a small child who might never get to even open a present? So make sure to do your part this holiday season to help so many in this nation who are hungry, homeless or simply just trying to get by.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Salvation army click on this link. I also added some pictures of the girls from last year around Christmas time.....
Lily & Daisy absolutely loved the tree from last year as you can tell. It was their first Christmas! I had it decorated so pretty but this did not last long, because the girls began climbing the tree. I began taking ornaments off because they were falling off as the girls climbed from branch to branch. And yes, tri-pod kitties can climb! 
1 comment:
I'm ready to snuggle up beside Dixie and get me a nap. She looks comfy.
Post a Comment