So this is my 3rd post of the day, way too many I know, but I just had to share this with everyone, as most of you all are animal lovers, since I am just now sitting down from having dinner with my girlfriends & getting Miss Dixie asleep. Anyway, so this just absolutely horrified me today as I am sure it will you as to what happened this afternoon at work. Most days people in my department will get around talk about things going on & it just so happened today that I mentioned the Vick case & how sadistic of an individual he is.
You cannot dispute the fact that my views on animals/animals rights are quite different than that of my coworkers. However, one of my coworkers, you all know who it is if you're reading this, said that Vick's crime was not as bad as everyone is making it out to be because animals have no emotions. I absolutely went off the roof at this comment. I could not believe this idiot actually had the audacity to make this statement. Animals show such great emotion: fear, happiness, sadness, compassion & the list could go on & on. I was so mad leaving work that I could hardly contain myself. I mean where did he get his DVM???
Just like Dad said though, some people are so ignorant & lack utter intelligence that we must disregard the comments they make. I just am appalled that so many of us fight for animals & Vick's case which is one of the worst cruelty cases we have seen in America is being blown off as something insignificant in my workplace. God help these individuals eyes to be opened to the horrific nature of what these animals went through.....
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stay a strong advocate for animals Sarah. That is horrible, I can't believe he would even think that animals have no emotion is a valid argument. He is not studying to be a vet nor is he one. It's people like that who let abuse & cruelty of animals continue in this nation.
Hang in there!
love ya,
K
Post a Comment