HTML Map

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back from Kentucky

Last Thursday, Dixie & I packed up the car & headed home for the weekend. It was a great weekend, but it went by too fast! Dixie loves to go home to Kentucky, but hates the drive. It normally takes around 6.5 hours to get home, but with Dixie, it takes around 7.5 hours. With a 120 lbs. golden retriever, I have to stop & walk her for a long time. So by the time we reached Nashville, we stopped at Sonic & I got us both cheeseburgers. She was happy after that & slept the rest of the way until we got home.

Jack had a football game & Maggie had a soccer game, so needless to say most of our weekend was spent at football/soccer games & restaurants. Dixie enjoyed seeing her cousins: Little Dixie (our golden retriever at home), Indy (our beagle, whom Jack calls "BB", she goes by both) & Casey (our cat-she wasn't too thrilled). Here are some pictures. I didn't take too many because we were so busy, but here are some. Thanks for all the great food & fun, we miss you guys already!

The first thing Indy did when we got in that night was to stalk Dixie's food. She is such a piggy beagle!

Mom eventually had to take the food from BB. Such a pig!

We went out to dinner with Mamaw & Papaw before the ballgame. My mamaw & papaw have been married for 52 years. Aren't they cute? I just love them!

Jack is #12. He's a freshman & the only freshman that gets to play a little bit of Varsity.

Jack again...I think he got tired of me taking pictures! I felt so old at the football game even though I've only been out of highschool for 6 years!


Dixie & I

Sunday night we all went over to Mamaw & Papaw's for dinner. Dixie of course loves going over there. I think she'd stay if I let her, she loves the farm & all the food Mamaw is always fixing! Anyway, she stayed right underneath Mamaw & Mom in the kitchen. Too funny!!!

1 comment:

Andy & Molly said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I posted Bella's day at the dog park. I need to take some more new pics though. She is curled up on the couch with me now. Too cute!
Miss you!