This post really is about finding homes for an impoverished neighbor's dog's puppies. One of Jeff's neighbors has a sweet female pit bull, Lacy, who has had her second litter of puppies. Lacy has never been taken care of- not the way we take care of our animals since I first saw her back in April of 2009. She's left alone in her backyard with only a shed to take refuge in. No love, attention or happiness to surround her.
In the beginning of May of 2009, I contacted Animal Control in attempts to help Lacy due to pure neglect, but when that proved futile, I spoke with the owner herself this morning to try to help the puppies find a home and have Lacy spayed on our dime.
The owner is a young Hispanic girl around 21 years old. She has a family and they are very poverty stricken. I forget how lucky I am to have the family I'm blessed with and the financial stabililty some people don't have. Her name is Elizabeth and she started crying when I offered to help them find these pups good homes. We have placed warm beds in the shed as well as lots of dog food for these sweet canines, and now we are trying to find them homes. They were born on Halloween, so they are approximately 3 months old & they are cuties!
If you are interested in adopting, please email me back at morgan720@yahoo.com or call my cell: 404-851-1790. We are not charging a fee, we just want them to have good homes with lots of love and the proper care. They are forced to live without attention, love and in the freezing temperatures right now.
We are working with our Vet to have them dewormed and ready to go. Please pass this along to anyone you know looking for a sweet pup. Pit bulls really and truly are sweet animals. If I could take another dog, I would take Lacy as I have become so fond of her, but financially I am unable as I have 3 animals already. Pit bulls have such a negative stigma associated with them, but with love and the proper care they are the most loyal and caring breed you'll ever meet.
Please see the pictures below or you can click on the following link to see them on facebook. I didn't post all the pictures on here because my computer runs so SLOW.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2372740&id=12919595&l=40d7e8c856

Happy to be in the arms of a human..Can you imagine what it must be like to live in 18 degree weather with no one every swooping you up to give you love?

All of them are so sweet and cute. It breaks my heart they're living in this condition, which is why we're taking action and trying to find them homes..

My personal favorite. He loves for me to pick him up and rock him. I'd give anything to take him!
No comments:
Post a Comment