HTML Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Petco Trip

Last night Dixie I had to go to Petco to grab some dog food and she absolutely loves to accompany me on my trips to stores. Since Atlanta is such an animal friendly city, there are many stores that she can go in. She loves to walk around & smell entirely every square inch of the store as her curiosity gets the best of her. As we were in the check out line a man approached & asked one of the sales clerks if they could help him buy a couple of mice. Immediately, I got a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. As I watched him pick out these poor little mice who were running around playing on their wheel & enjoying themselves oblivious to the fact that they were about to be a snake's supper, I asked the sales clerk exactly why he was buying them.

I think I knew what her answer was going to be, but I just wanted her to solidify my thoughts. After asking her, she began shaking her head (an obvious animal lover as well) & said, "I can't even think about it. He's buying them to feed his snake." I about died & it infuriated me so! I could not believe it. So as he got in line behind me, I turned & asked him, "How can you do that to those poor little mice?" He just looked at me & did not say a word. Then I said, "Seriously, don't you have a heart for those little guys?" To that, he just kept staring. WEIRDO. I.Mean.WEIRDO.

What type of person can do this? I know that our lives evolve around the food chain, however, I hate snakes & I could not believe that people do this. I really wanted to turn around & ask him how much he wanted for those poor little mice as their fate foreshadowed in my mind. This practice should be illegal...

No comments: