So now I'm recapping up our Islamorada trip to my dad's place in the Keys. Two of my dear friends I work with, Robin and Ethel, went with me. We had the best time and we did not want to return! We flew into West Palm Beach Thursday morning early and got the rental car and headed straight down through Miami into the keys. We dropped our bags off, changed and then headed straight on down to Key West because with it being Memorial Day weekend, we knew it would be so packed. Robin and her husband have a house in Big Pine Key and she knows so much more about the keys than me, so she was our little navigator.
I got Mr. Charlee B a new collar from Coconut Retriever for summertime because it's an annual tradition and then we ate dinner at Red Fish, Blue Fish. The crab cakes were to die for!
We then stopped at Winn Dixie on our way back to stock up on food, sunscreen and lots of yummy bakery items! Once we finally got back we headed to the dock.
The next morning we were up bright and early for a nice long run and we soaked in sun time from around 9am to 3:30pm everyday before getting ready to go to dinner and shopping. It was such a great time and complete relaxation! I finished one book and we laid in the pool on floats the rest of the time!
This was our "spot" the entire week!






No comments:
Post a Comment