HTML Map

Monday, May 5, 2014

We are BACK!

Hello friends! I do realize I am quite possibly the worst blogger ever. I can't believe I haven't blogged since January of this year when it was freezing outside and now it's beautiful summertime. Unfortunately, it has just taken a back seat but there's lots to talk about. Let's catch up, shall we?!!

1. You've Got Mail.....


Last Friday I was checking my mail and I received a formal admittance & congratulatory letter for my acceptance into law school. (Don't worry, I'll be giving details on where we are moving and when later!)  I dropped my phone and proceeded to scream and dance with Charlee B for at least a good 5 minutes and then called family and close friends to share the exciting news. Then I thanked the good Lord because His hand is ever in my life! Law school has been a journey that has taken a long time to get into. I took the LSAT twice and after a couple rejections that really left me disappointed, my time has finally come and I am thrilled. So alas, we will be leaving the great state of Georgia this summer and there's so much to do in so little time as I'll start law school in the fall.

2. Charlee B turned FOUR....


Rover man turned the big "4" this week and we celebrated with a visit to Chick-fil-A for an ice cream cone where he proceeded to growl at the cow outside. He's not a fan of people dressed up in costumes. We also celebrated with his best dog friend Zeke. Those two are a riot. We are going to miss Megan (Zeke's momma) and Zeke so much. They are truly long lost brothers!

3. God's Timing is always perfect....

 

In about 2 months we will pack up and leave Atlanta and what a journey it has been. When I moved down here from New York City nearly 8 years ago, I had no idea what I wanted to do. It was a blind move for me but God knew what He was doing.

I was a journalism major in college but I couldn't get into that field and so the journey began. There were times I questioned if I had made the biggest mistake moving down here and hard times but God is always faithful. He has taken me on the ride of my life and truly my faith has grown in leaps and bounds these past eight years. I've worked in ministry the past 5 years and one thing I've learned as my relationship with God has grown is that God IS able to do abundantly and exceedingly more than we can ever imagine if we let Him take the reigns in our lives.

There were times when I thought my dream of becoming an animal rights attorney were dead but over and over again I've learned that as we follow Christ, God conforms us to the image of His Son through circumstances and my character has been molded through these past years. Life isn't always easy but everything is working out in His perfect timing and trusting God in the midst of the valleys is a must. And for that I am forever thankful.

God writes my story daily and this long chapter that I spent in my 20's really helped me understand who I am and my place in that story. And every day I pray for God to keep Lacy safe, the dog my ex and I rescued years ago. I keep a picture of her on my desk even though she's not mine. My personal statement into law school was written about her. I may never see her again this side of Heaven but she so shaped my life and fueled my passion for animal rights and getting into law school. I know God has given her a great life and she is the true story of God's redemption. He redeems us from some of the most broken circumstances to live the life Jesus died to give us. Is there anything more wonderful?!!

A new chapter is beginning and so many doors are swinging wide open. It's a thrilling and exciting prospect to realize what is about to begin! One of my favorite scriptures is "I am the Lord your God, is anything to hard for ME?" Charlee and I were running the other morning and I had a glimpse of my life from the eternal view or God's view. It was overwhelming and humbling to say the least.

Thank you Lord for all you are doing in my life and have done! The best is yet to come.


4. Packing for the Keys....


 
The Thursday for Memorial Day, two of my best girlfriends and I will fly down to West Palm Beach and then head down to Islamorada to my Dad's place. And I CANNOT wait. It's going to be a wonderful relaxing weekend filled with sun, yummy seafood, drinks and fun!




No comments: