HTML Map

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mix + Match

This is what happens when you don't have children...You plan parties for your golden retriever. My sweet golden, Charlee is one dearly loved + spoiled rotten canine.
 
Charlee had a blast this weekend at his dog party with all his dog friends. We were just thrilled that the rain held off until the party was over. That morning when we woke up, my Mom and I were afraid the party would be a complete washout because of the looming skies. I feel like I live in Seattle with all the rain we have had in the last couple of weeks. Two years ago I applied to law school out in Portland and my Dad and I flew out to visit the school because it was a top notch animal law school. Sadly, I didn't get in but it was probably for the best because I can't stand the rain.
 
I didn't take any pictures besides the following but some of my girlfriends and my aunt took tons of pictures so we are awaiting those. My Mom, Dad and grandparents drove down from Kentucky so we were thrilled to have them in town. Thanks Mom for all your help! You are the best!
 
My Dad laughed the whole time at the dogs. This city is quite dog friendly and I don't think my Dad could get over the fact that Charlee B had a birthday party!
 
 
Such a ham for the camera.
 
 
 
The party table!
 
 
Charlee & I before the party started. The humidity was super high so I ended up having to pull my hair back in a pony tail. That's the deep South for you!
 

In the meantime, we've been having a very busy last 2 weeks.
 


 

My dear friend, T. I just love this girl. We've been neighbors forever and she's such a sweet friend. No better person to have to watch Charlee B, go on vacation with or have a strong drink with.

 
And finally because this post is so all over the place but it's hard to catch up with the last 2 weeks, we saw The Great Gatsby last week. Is there anything better than watching Leo as Jay. How gorgeous is this man?!!
 
We read this book in AP Lit in high school and I remember loathing reading back then because I was so busy with cheerleading, lifeguarding (that was my job through the year + summer) and all that high school drama but I remember thinking that Jay (Leo's character) just needed to get over Daisy and MOVE on. As I've grown though, I can completely relate to his character wanting to recapture the past in the area of relationships. I find myself thinking sometimes, did I make a mistake but what I've learned is that you must keep moving forward because there are far greater things ahead than what lies behind.
 
It was a great rendition of the classic and watching this handsome "old sport."
 
 


No comments: