HTML Map

Friday, January 28, 2011

Hey Friends!!

Hey friends!!!! Is anyone still hanging in there and reading my blog? It's doubtful, probably just my faithful Dad! I haven't written a post in about a good solid month, so even though this is short, I thought I'd make a post this morning while I had a couple minutes.....



I bought some new running shoes last week- Mizzuno's. I love these running shoes! I used to use New Balance shoes but the soles wore out so quickly. Charlee is getting SO big and he has become my little running buddy. (As he gets older, he looks more and more like a little fox.) He can't quite run the full hour with me, but he's building up his endurance. We run all the time in the summer and spring, but I usually opt out in the winter because it hurts my lungs to run. I'm also volunteering with a non-profit program here in Atlanta, called "Girls on the Run." It is led by volunteer coaches that work with a group of girls from 3rd to 8th grade to prepare them for a 5K race at the end of the program. You also teach them about healthy living, self-respect and etc. So I'm excited to start that!



The weather in Atlanta is supposed to be fantastic this weekend and I'm so excited because we have a busy weekend planned!

Happy Friday friends!

3 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I love my Mizuno's too. Once I discovered them, I never went back.

Kate said...

Wow, how inspiring! I admire your dedication to running and helping young women. I wish I could run but it's so hard on my buggery knees. Cheers.

Katie
Running on Happiness

whitty23 said...

oh that sounds great! what a good cause sis! :) Hell, tell dad he can read mine as well, yeah!