HTML Map

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wild Man

Charlee has been taking his antibiotics since we visited the vet's office last week and I think it's safe to say that he does not have distemper- thank goodness! He is an absolute wild man and I attribute this to him feeling better. He is into anything and everything. He chews everything in my house- furniture, shoes, patio furniture, and the list could just go on and on. He also loves grabbing the toilet paper and running which creates a huge mess, but I love him to death. He is a handful but SO worth it. He is getting better with the potty training and even though he still has lots of accidents, he is now understanding that when we go out, it's time to use the restroom.

He also loves going to Jeff's house to play with Lacy and annoy Lady and Dryfus. He is getting so big and I feel like in the last week, he's gained a couple pounds. Maybe not, but it seems like he's heavier when I pick him up. I take both he and Dixie on several walks, and Charlee has been going on more solo, but he's just growing like a fish, as you can see in the pictures below. He loves to eat and tries to eat everyone else's food first before he gets to his. We are still working on that. Here are some cute pictures from last night that I took because when he's a year old it will be fun to look back and see his progression through the weeks!


He likes to sit outside with Lily and watch everything around him. You can see one of Lily's arms sticking out from underneath my white wicker chair. Lily likes Charlee but definitely is showing him that she is boss. Poor little Daisy though is still scared to death of him. She'll run out and look at him and then run straight back underneath the bed. Hopefully she'll get used to him soon! He's just such a wild man that she is not used to that.


Close up shot!


See, he's getting so big already. I think we're definitely going to have to cut back on the treats a little bit!

I am also planning to trade my car in this weekend. I have loved my car, but the maintenance bills, oil change bills, and well everything that needs to be fixed has killed me financially and I am so ready to unload it. Plus, with two golden retrievers now, it is not nearly big enough and it's time to say goodbye. I have loved it, but it's time for something cheaper...

Au revoir!

No comments: