HTML Map

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Enjoying My Girlfriends

Well it's been quite a while since I posted last and I always try to update my blog at least once a week, so it's due time for me to post...Things have actually been going great the last couple of weeks and I have been spending lots of quality time with my girlfriends, especially the ones I lost touch with during Jeff's and my relationship. As well as my furry children who are ever so happy that Mom is home on the weekends now! It was such a huge mistake I made in losing touch with my close girlfriends here in Atlanta and even though all my girlfriends have assured me that everyone learns that lesson some time in life, for me, I had to learn it the hard way! It was so completely unhealthly to just have Jeff in my life without my girlfriends, but it was a lesson learned and I will never make that mistake again because guys may come and go throughout life but your girlfriends are always there!

One of my closest girlfriends, Melissa, and I were so happy to get back in touch and it literally felt like we hadn't lost a beat even though there was an entire year of things to catch up on. The first night she came over a couple weeks ago, we headed over to Fellini's and we both cried when we saw each other. We missed each other SO much! Dixie was also very excited to see her old pal, Libby Lou, who is a shit-zu and one of Dixie's closest and first friends here in Atlanta.


Libby Lou and Dixie after we took them for a walk together.


After they settled down, we were able to take some pictures of them...Dixie just gets so excited! It's so hard to take pictures of these two, much too busy for any of that mess...


Melissa and I laid out by the pool the other afternoon, and she brought Libby Lou along for the ride in her convertible. We tried to keep Libby with us at the pool but the heat just was entirely too much for her, so she headed back to the house with Dixie. She was most likely thinking, "Good Lord Mom, it's much too hot out here for me!"

We've had lots of rain here in Atlanta the past four or five weekends and it's driving me nuts. I love summer and am so ready for this to pass on through, so I can get my pool time. However, it has been very hot and the heat has unfortunately affected Dixie. She had a heatstroke last Saturday and we ended up in the emergency vet's clinic. I felt like the worst pet parent and it was just awful, but she is fine now. We just are going to have to get her a summer hair cut now. I just need to find a good groomer to take her too!

On the feline side, Lily and Daisy are doing great and really enjoying my patio thus far. There is a momma bird who is building her nest on the ceiling post above my patio and Lily and Daisy are completely enthralled with this process. They can't believe they are so lucky! Every afternoon when I get home from the office, they run outside and I have to make both of them come in at night because I think they would stay outside all night if I would let them...


Daisy, enjoying her afternoon as usual...


Lily, enjoying the patio as well.....


My patio gets direct sunlight until about 5pm everyday and my flowers are slowly dying as you can see.

One of my best friends from college, Molly, also stopped in from Orlando on her way home to see us with her dog, Bella, in tow. Molly and I met our freshman year in college when we were going through Rush together because we were in the same Rho Chi group together and we have stayed close friends since then. Molly's dog, Bella, is a long haired jack russell and she is about the cutest dog ever. Dixie loves her and I could literally just keep her myself! She is so cute and has SO much energy! She was driving Molly mad I think from the ride up to Atlanta. It was so great to see Molly though and I am going to try to plan a weekend to head down to Orlando sometime soon!

My Aunt Karen and Uncle Brian also live here in Atlanta and Karen brought her three little ones: Anna Carol, Michael, and Isaac, over to see Lacy one afternoon. They loved her and she was very good with all three of them.


Thought this was a really cute picture of the three!


Michael loved Lily, she is a very sweet feline...

Other than that, there is really not too much going on. I am working on my law school applications to complete and mail out by the end of June. I do miss Lacy though very much, especially through the week! I would give anything to be able to take her but with my felines, it just would not work out. She would most likely eat them unfortunately. Until next time, see you soon!

2 comments:

Susy said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! And I just have to say that I'm in LOVE with your gray cat!!! She looks just like my precious, precious gray cat from my childhood, Grace Elisabeth!! (yes, she had two names) She was bushy, gray, with green eyes and I loved her more than anything! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! Look at all of those babies!! So cute!

Hi! Thanks so much for linking up for our blog hop yesterday! I am your newest following and I would love if you would return the follow! :)

Kim
http://chubbycheeksthinks.blogspot.com