I haven't blogged in about a week and a half so I wanted to update family/friends on what we've been up to. Jeff and I traveled home the last weekend in September for my dear friend Kristina's wedding in Louisville, Kentucky and we had the best time. It was such a quick trip and the dogs were happy to be tagging along, but Jeff and I only stayed at the reception for about an hour because we were so physically tired. Kristina looked gorgeous but I forgot my camera because I was too busy running around the house. It was great to see her though & I miss her dearly. I wish I was closer in distance to my college friends & sorority sisters because I miss them so much.
So today is the final day of voting for the girls contest. We are very excited & keeping our fingers crossed that they WIN. When they posted the ten finalists, I immediately read through all the entries and I was quite surprised that some of the stories I had read initially did not make it. Soooooo I think Lily & Daisy have a great chance at winning, but I'm trying not get my hopes up. Keep your fingers crossed!!
In other news, last week Jeff kept his friends' dogs (three of them) while they were in Florida and boy was it busy when I went over Friday night. They were all outside and it was 6 dogs total at Jeff's house. They were having a ball & so happy. One of the dogs, Bruno, was a bulldog and I could have just taken him home with me. I had never really been around this breed before and he was just too cute for words.

Bruno was so cute that he would follow me around everywhere, I think he really missed his Mom, Jenny!
Last Saturday, I also helped Jeff paint his shutters and front door black. That was an adventure for him to watch me paint. I had never really painted before so this was new & I was pretty bad at first. Once I got the hang of it though, I did great. Lady & Dixie stayed out front on the lawn monitoring the progress while Jeff and I painted and caught bits and pieces of the Kentucky/Alabama game where we got slaughtered.

You can see the progress & Dixie relaxing on the porch. Dogs love to watch you work.

The house looks great & it really made it look sharp. (Sorry I'm just now getting these up Mom!)
Also, last week I drove to the Humane Society meeting of Georgia where I met several animal activists here in our state and it was great. I met the director and several other people who were involved heavily in animal rights. Which was FANTASTIC! However, everyone there was 30 years my senior, but it was fine because we got a ton of information regarding pieces of legislation that are en route and in process right now. We got a full briefing on seal slaughtering which was horrible. It was awful and some of the images made me physically sick. It really takes a special type of person to murder innocent seals on the ice with no remorse or regard for what they're doing. However, some rays of sunlight have emerged from this-- the European parliament recently passed legislation to ban trade in seal products, since Europe is a primary market for Canadian seal products. However, the need is still there to stop commercial sealing. One of the ways you can do this is by not buying Canadian seafood. So this is now on my list!

It's awful to think people can murder these sweet & innocent animals.

And this is the aftermath of what happens after the sealers come through. We got to listen to a video that described teams on the ice that were documenting these images for evidence purposes of this horrific cruelty and it is just too sad to even comprehend of baby seals hiding and screaming in terror after the killing.
I'm once again reminded that the world we live in is fallen and the basic foundation of human nature is cracked at is core.
No comments:
Post a Comment