HTML Map

Monday, October 19, 2009

Chilly Finally!

Well let me say first that the Girls did not win the Tidy Cats Contest!! I was really upset about it on Friday because I thought that our story was the best. So I pouted all day long. I think Jeff was getting very tired of it, but I was so upset. I just thought our story was by far the best! There were a couple other stories that were okay, but not great. I am very competitive so I analyze everything, but the girls made it to the Top Ten which is wonderful. So I am happy they got that far! Recently, the temps in Atlanta have started to fall and it was a blistering 38 degrees this morning when I took Dixie out. So she was extremely happy and enjoyed her brisk walk. We had a wonderful weekend and celebrated an engagement of one of Jeff's closest friends, Todd. Friday night after the traffic died down I headed over to Jeff's house and we met Todd & Jenny for dinner at the Marietta Pizza Company. It was very good and I ate way too much, but it was nice & I love hearing about weddings.

Since it was so cold on Saturday, Jeff and I stayed in and he fixed beef stew in the crock pot. It reminded me of Mom's and it was so delicious that I took some home yesterday afternoon and heated up for dinner. One of my girlfriends, Lindsay, let me borrow her book, Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers and I have had my nose in that book since last Monday. It is one of the best books I think I've ever read. It's very long but completely worth the read. It poses the question, "How far can God's love really go?" and it's about a young little girl (age approx. 6) who is sold into child prostitution and the journey of her life. It is just phenomenal and I can't wait to finish it.

In other news, I found out some BIG news on Saturday night when my best friend from home, Kali, called me to let me know that she is pregnant. She is so excited & I am so excited for her. Kali and I have been best friends for longer than I can remember. We cheered throughout high school, laid by the pool every summer, double dated, were inseparable throughout high school and we have stayed close throughout college and the beginning of our adult life. So I am so thrilled for her! I am going to host a baby shower at my grandmother's house for Kali sometime either next March or April before she's due in May. My Nana loves to host things, so I thought it would be the perfect place. Plus, now Jeff can come and see Madisonville. Small towns are foreign to Jeff who is originally from Miami so I can't wait to see what he thinks about good ole Madisonville. Other than that, it was a very quiet weekend and lots of football watching.


Delicious beef stew!! So wonderful and filling..


Lady was monitoring the food progress, as she loves to smell the aromas coming out of the kitchen.


Jeff and little Lady...


I've only been to a couple, well actually only ONE baby shower as an adult, because most of my girlfriends are just now getting married or are not even married. Anyway, I want to make a diaper cake for Kali at the shower I'm going to throw her because I think they are just too cute & they seem to be in style these days. I'd love to do one like this with the baby lion because baby animals are just too cute!!!

No comments: