So I am leaving to go to Destin this weekend with my girlfriends. There are seven of us going down to Florida. Three of the girls already left last night but the rest of us have to work today, so we are leaving this afternoon. Anyway, we are hoping that Gustav holds off & doesn't hit the Gulf before Monday. How awful would that be to have to evacuate? Everyone at work keeps asking me, "Are you all still really going?" To which I answer enthusiastically & with a laugh "Yes, we are because everything is paid for already!"
Only having been out of college for almost 2 years, money is always tight. I miss those days of college not having to worry about paying bills, work, or anything in the real world. Not to mention, my sweet girls (Lily, Daisy & Dixie) who sometimes get sick to which I immediately call my vet because I always think the worst! So yes, since the trip is paid for we are definitely going!
After Dixie & I took our long walk last night & she' s always looking for new doggie friends- mind you (she really misses Kona-black lab friend & Snarf-golden retriever fellow friend) since we have moved recently into a new place- I opened up the suitcase to begin packing. Immediately Dixie cocked her head as if to say, "Where are we going Mom?" and the cats immediately jumped into the suitcase. Dixie is staying at Wieuca (our animal hospital that we love!) & this is the first time she is not staying with a friend. She always goes with me on trips but this time she can't go. I know she'll be okay at Wieuca, but I do worry about her. I adopted her from Adopt A Golden Atlanta & I worry she'll think someone is abandoning her again, to which Mom says she will not think that at all! I just worry too much!
Anyway, hold off Gustav! I will post pictures once we get back! Yall have a great day!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have fun down there & don't get blown away!
love ya,
Katie
It looks like the storm is going to hold off til your trip is over. Have a great time in Florida! I feel like you are a little closer, I wish it was close enough for me to see you :)
PS Yes that is Morgan that I used to babysit. She is 2 1/2 and grown up so much now. Its amazing!
I hope you have fun and I pray that Gustav doesn't reek any real damage to anyone. About my blog..I am NOT tech. saavy at all. If you look at the top of my blog at the left...you will see a little blinky...says cute blogs...click on it and it will give all kinds of options...your head will be reeling. Very easy just copy and paste the html code into your template. If you have any more questions ask away. cherry
How was the trip? I watched the weather and it seemed like the rain stayed away from you for the most part. I hope you had a good trip!
Post a Comment