I don't know if it's because so many close calls have happened within the past month between running with my sweet Rover (aka...Charlee B) and being nearly run over by a car. Alas, I'm reminded and maybe God keeps reminding me that our time...my time on Earth is short. And this year, I want to make sure that I'm making the most of everyday.
1 Peter 1:24-25
New International Version (NIV)
24 For,
“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
I love the finer things in life... my Mercedes, Lilly Pulitzer, my Torch Burch bags and shoes, but life is about SO much more than that. Life is about Christ and the gospel which changes
lives. And God has so changed my life from the time I started following him in college until now. He's been with me in the darkest waters and He guides my daily steps. One thing He's taught me that life is not all about me, it's about following Christ. And Christ came to redeem this broken world. Everywhere we look in this world, the world is decaying and people are broken, lives are destroyed and we're constantly trying to fill the emptiness.
He's never forsaken me and in the past month, I've realized how close His heavenly angels are to me daily.
Billy Graham is my very favorite evangelist. His books and his messages are simply timeless. If you didn't see My Hope, watch this video. And maybe I sound like a Bible beater but I just feel led to write this. It's my blog and for that reason, I want this to remind me how short my days are.


No comments:
Post a Comment