HTML Map

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween and Little Buddy

Hello friends!



Well all the dogs thoroughly enjoyed Halloween this past Sunday and seeing all the kiddos in the neighborhood come and go. It was Lacy's first "official" Halloween as in inside dog and she stayed posted on the couch looking out Jeff's window to see the trick-o-treaters. Charlee and Dixie tried pushing their way through the door to see all the kids when the doorbell would ring. Dixie loves children, so she was SUPER excited when they arrived.

Costumes , however, were a completely different story! They were a definite "NO" because anytime you place any clothing on my dogs, they freeze. Literally, FREEZE and will not move one inch. So I've given up on that! Halloween was a beautiful day down here in Atlanta and we stayed outside most of the day and later watched "30 Days of Night: Dark Days." It was the sequel to the first vampire movie that I had never seen and I have to say that it was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

Life has been really busy lately and little Buddy is still hanging around my place. I feed him every day and now this has turned into him hanging out right next to my door all day/night long. He's so feral that I can't handle him, so I've contacted some cat rescues to see if they could take him. I don't mind feeding him in the least or him hanging out, but I'm so afraid he's going to get hit as he has now started walking with Charlee and I. When Charlee and I walk, we go a good solid 1.5 hours around the neighborhood so it's just not safe for him. Plus, the little guy just needs a good home!


He would make a great cat to someone, it is just going to take time...


He's got some scars from obvious cat fights, which is why I'm trying to find either a rescue to take him or a friend so he can receive his vet care.


Since he has decided to change his residence to my house, I placed one of Lily and Daisy's cat beds outside last night so at least he could stay warm. The temperatures here in the deep South are finally starting to drop. Needless to say, he loved it. There were black hairs all over it this morning when I was taking the dogs out for their morning walk.

I'm LOVING my new place as well! It is so nice and I took a few pictures of the kicthen area below last night...


Part of my kitchen. It's much smaller than my last one and that's nice because I really don't cook too often.


Kitchen rug that I found which is going great with couch!

Until next time!!

2 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I guess we're lucky we don't get trick-or-treaters because Miss M would go totally crazy with the doorbell and all these people coming to "see her". She loves visitors and gets so angry when we don't let her greet the UPS man. I actually had a dream last night that I found some cats outside that needed a home, and we were going to get one for Mr. B. Which is so funny because we decided this will definitely never happen--2 dogs are enough.

Unknown said...

I'm glad Halloween was a success, that is hilarious that they freeze when you put something on them! I haven't ever dressed up Haylie but I think she will act like that.

Aww that is a cute cat bed by the way and very sweet of you to leave the bed and food out. We are in Austin and its finally getting cold!!!

I love the new place and kitchen is great - the gray cabinets look awesome with the stainless steel!

Thank you for voting for Fred :)