HTML Map

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Season of Giving

There are just so many people in need throughout the year but it always seems to me that this need intensifies as the holiday season approaches. Last night on the news I saw a story about the Georgia SPCA which is close to shutting down because of low funds and a plethora of animals that need homes. I immediately sent out an email this morning and placed it on my facebook page so that animal friendly friends can help out. If you would like to see the video click here and if you are interested in adopting any furry friends from the Georgia SPCA, click here. There are lots of sweet & precious faces that need a good home and they are in dire need of monetary funds!

In other non-related animal news, I finally finished buying items for my shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I love putting these together and I found the cutest gift of all at Cracker Barrel last Saturday morning when Jeff and I were waiting to be seated for breakfast. Cracker Barrel had all of their Christmas items out and I bought two cat stuffed animals that are dressed in Santa outfits. The best part is that they sing "Jesus loves me" when you push on the belly. I thought they were perfect for the shoe boxes and Jeff got a kick out of them!


This is everything I ended up buying....

I ended up going ahead and putting my Christmas tree up Sunday night when I got home from Jeff's house because Dixie and I were taking a walk and I ended up seeing some Christmas trees already decorated and up in some houses. I love the Christmas season & it's hard to believe that it will be Thanksgiving in two weeks!


In previous years I would put up my fake tree, but Lily & Daisy decided that the tree was a playhouse for them and it has too many holes now to look pretty. So needless to say, I have retired that tree.

Dixie tagged along on Sunday to watch Jeff play soccer with his team and she got a great workout, but she wasn't so interested in the game. By the time she got back to Jeff's house, she crashed.


Not excited about having her picture taken at all....

And one last picture to leave you with--the felines relaxing..

No comments: