HTML Map

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catching up with Us...

These past few weeks have felt like a whirlwind for me between trips and everywhere we have traveled to the last few weeks. I love taking trips and getting out of this BUSY city, but it's also nice to get back into my daily routine. Jeff and I traveled up to Kentucky last Thursday to see my little brother, Jack, play football and head home for a weekend. Jack is a sophomore in highschool this year and it's so hard for me to believe that. Which inherently means, I'm getting OLDER!!!

Jack played a great game and we really enjoyed tailgating before the game and being back in Kentucky- small town life. Everyone knows everyone in a small town and I often forget how life is so different in a small town versus life in a big city. You don't have to estimate the time it will take you to get from Point A to Point B nor do you deal with an excessive amount of TRAFFIC. I love Atlanta, but sometimes I wish it was a city where you could get on mass transit instead of driving everywhere. It would be nice if we had a subway like New York.

Anyway, we took Lady, Dixie and Dryfuss along with us as well and the canines had an absolute blast. We came back in late Sunday night since none of my girlfriends were checking on my girls (Lily & Daisy) since it's a holiday weekend. Jeff and I went out for Mexican and stayed in to catch up on Big Brother. When I first started watching the show, I thought it was ridiculous but now I am completely hooked! Yesterday, we headed up to Rome, GA to watch Maggie's collegiate soccer team play. They were playing Savannah College of Art and Design and they crushed the team. Maggie didn't get to play since she's a freshman but they were beating the team so badly that I really thought they would put her in. Maggie's team is full of Europeans and it was great to hear all the accents when they were spoken.

On another note, I have been battling with Cobb County Animal Control for about the last two weeks and last night was a nice refreshing drink for me hopefully! The history on this it that one of Jeff's neighbors has a sweet female boxer confined in his backyard that I found crying one Sunday morning when I was walking our canines because she was so hungry and alone. I did not even know that anyone actually lived in this house since it seems to be abandoned and is in deplorable conditions. I called Animal Control immediately and was outraged with their response to say the least. I won't even get into that story. Needless to say they've failed to remove this boxer from her neglectful owner and I decided to begin writing letters and attaching the pictures of her to the Board of Directors of the Humane Society.

The best part is that I mailed the letters out Thursday morning and last night I got a call from the President and his wife who had come to Jeff's house to check out the situation themselves. I was so happy that they could see the situation themselves, but disappointed when they told me that the best option might be just going to the owner and trying to get him to give the dog to us. Animal Control's job is to protect these animals (which is not happening) and remove these animals. I would not have nice things to say to this individual and I certainly do NOT wanting him adopting any more animals to put back in the same situation.

As I've gotten older, I've learned several things about the human nature. First, that people are so selfish and most are only worried about themselves with no regard or care about others. The lines of what's right and wrong seem to blur for many people, and most can simply go along without caring what happens to others or this female boxer specifically. I'm hoping Animal Control will step up but I'm thinking I may end up trying to speak with the owner to get this female boxer. It breaks my heart for her and in the end I really just want to adopt her out so that I can find her a home. I'm hoping for the best and that this idiot is prosecuted to the fullest.



Here are some pictures of her that I took the first day I saw her. It breaks my heart to see animals in these conditions. How can people do this?



I just keep praying that animal control will come to seize her since this guy is violating several codes of some section of the Animal Cruelty clause. Keep her in your prayers!

No comments: