HTML Map

Monday, August 17, 2009

Packing for the Keys

It's Monday and I cannot wait for it to be Thursday! Thursday morning Jeff and I are leaving to go down to the the Keys for the weekend and to celebrate his birthday. I am so excited to travel to some warm weather and away from the nasty rain we had yesterday and are enduring today.

However, I have so many things to get done before we leave, including:

Cleaning my apartment from top to bottom
Baking brownies for my girlfriend who is keeping Lily & Daisy
Baking brownies for Todd & Jenny who are keeping the 3 amigos (Dixie, Lady & Dryfus)
Doing laundry
Finish up buying presents for Jeff and my Mom's birthdays
Packing for the trip

Whew! It feels better to get my to do list laid out. Furthermore, I still have not decided what to buy Jeff for his birthday and I don't know why I'm having such a hard time but I just can't decide exactly what I want to get him. Why is it always so hard to buy presents sometimes? Tomorrow night I was headed to a Pampered Chef Party which one of my girlfriends is hosting, but it has been cancelled, unfortunately.

On a side note, Dixie has lost 20 pounds!! Last week, we stopped in to the Vet's office to pick up her flea meds, and I had the techs check her weight. They took her back, weighed her and she has dropped LB's. When they told me the weight, I was estatic; I am so happy that she is dropping the pounds!!

Last night Jeff and ran to Blockbuster & I picked up two movies that I have been wanting to see for a long time, so I am going to try and get both of those in this week before we leave. One of which I started last night, Two Brothers, which is the tale of two tiger cubs in the wild who are separated after one of the parents is killed by humans who enter their domain. It is such a good movie, but so sad to think about the fact that the tiger is a critically endangered species due to poaching and retributive killing. It's such a good movie and I am going to finish it tonight.


This shot was after the mother was thrown off the truck trying to rescue her cub. It absolutely Broke.My.Heart. It was heart wrenching and just ripped my heart out! Even though this movie is fiction, so many tiger mothers encounter this scenario every day. Wouldn't it be perfect if all species could be respected?

Find out more about endangered species

No comments: