HTML Map

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Tap. Tap....Anyone out there? Probably not. I have not updated my blog in a couple of weeks and I haven't meant to intentionally neglect it, but it just seems that I don't have time to update it anymore. Things have been very busy lately, especially with my new job. I don't even have time to think! On the canine front, Miss Dixie is doing great & very happy I'm back at work I'm sure. I have to say though that I miss going home at lunch & walking her. My old dog walker had to quit because her classes were interferring, so I hired a new dog walker who starts on Monday. I found her through one of my friends from church and she is very sweet. She has a disability and this is a full-time job for her--she is a professional dog walker. She had the cutest cards as well! Dixie really liked her & I think she will be great.

Mom and Jack are coming down tonight to stay with me all weekend since Maggie & Jack are on Spring Break. Maggie is headed down to the Keys to stay at the condo. How I wish I was headed down to the beach! Anyway, I'm excited for Mom & Jack to come stay the weekend. One of my girlfriends who is getting married and moving away, Kristi, is having her shower this weekend so Mom and I are headed to that!

Lily & Daisy are great. They sleep all day while I"m at work and become little vampires at night. Last night we had horrendous storms and both of them got underneath the bed covers. They were so scared!

On another note, I joined a volunteer-based organization called "World Vets" a couple of months ago, which is a non profit organization dedicated to providing veterinary services and knowledge to areas in need around the globe. They travel around the world doing "mission trips" per se to provide assistance (spaying/neutering) to animals all across the globe.(It's like mission trips that churches take to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.) They have several trips coming up & I have decided that I am going to pick one and go! The fee is very high though so I am going to have start fundraising, I'm thinking of setting up a website for fundraising, but I am so excited!!

That is about all that is new with us lately. I will post more pictures soon!

Below are some pictures from previous trips.....


1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay!!! I want to go on the trip too!

love,
K